Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The End is Near!! (right?) Part 5

Boxes.
You are about to get a massive headache.
Reformed Theology - http://reformedtheology.org/SiteFiles/WhatIsRT.html is the hyperlink for a mature discussion of this group of thinkers.  (Think Calvin and the chip-monks)
Covenant Theology - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Covenant_theology is the hyperlink for more information. (Think Sproul as in urbane Sproul)
Dispensationalism - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dispensationalism is the hyperlink for more information. (Think Darby and the Mille-people) (wow, that was really reaching back)(1959)
Take a couple of aspirin and come back….
I like them all a little, and I like the last one a lot. I am a confirmed Dispenreforcovenist. (Really hard to fit on a business card).  These are all systems that can act as a filter with which we look through eschatology and the business of the last days.  Which one is right? Dispenreforcovenistism ( I added three more letters) of course, I thought I made that clear!!!!
As I have studied the last days for myself (and praying a lot) Dispensationalism helped me personally to see and to understand better.  As you develop your own personal theology (by studying, by reading, by memorizing, by praying, by worshipping, by pot lucking, by fellowshipping) maybe you will develop something better or at least something with less letters.
So it isn’t heresy, as I said, it is a tool, a tool to be used.   And I am just the tool to use it. (I probably could have put that better).  If you disagree with me, please leave a comment and I will get right back to you……..I promise……..no really……..all right, I probably won’t.  Us Dispenreforcovenists can be really stubborn.
Box number three coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment